Chipper Truck Regulations
The City of Carrollton provides a chipper service for your convenience.
It’s design only allows for the processing of tree limbs.
It is not capable of processing the below listed items:
* Rose bushes, forsythia, grass clippings, shrubbery, firewood
* Garden debris (i.e. tomato vines, corn stalks, etc.)
* limbs larger than 3″ in diameter
The safety of the Public Works Department employees is very important to the city.
Please keep in mind the hazards to the employees when items such as:
*wire, metal, stumps, rocks and other foreign matter are in with limbs.
We cannot pick up your limbs if any of these items are found.
A note will be placed on your door describing why the limbs were not picked up.
While placing limbs out for pickup, please use the following guidelines:
* The Chipper will run weekly on Monday and Tuesdays if necessary, weather
* The Chipper truck does not run in alleys.
* Limbs should be in a straight pile with the butt end toward the street
* The City is not responsible for limbs or other materials left by
As a result of the increasing hazards to city employees, while picking up limbs,
it has become necessary to strictly enforce the above listed guidelines.
Limb placement not within these guidelines cannot be picked up by the City of
Carrollton Public Works Department.
Ronald B. Knight, Sr
Public Works Superintendent